Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Spring Cleaning #28: Don’t Clutter Up Expensive Cyberspace

Getting Things Done. I've actually read the book. I understand how things can be easier following the process: Collect, Process, Organize, Review and Do. I'm working on the first four, but sometimes it can be difficult due to number 5: Do. There are times it seem all I am is Doing and the the other 4 fall the wayside. You now the saying "a messy desk is the sign of a busy mind(person)"? Some times I feel that is the case, but I keep trying and even succeeding in getting it done and organized.

Mostly I try to prioritize what is needed most or soonest, then act on it. If an item is not an immediate concern, I make sure to still keep it available for review or action if time becomes available. In this job, I have learned to be flexible, because you never know when the next "crisis" may pop up. It may look like I carry the same pile of papers around, but what is in the pile always changes. (my do this next stuff)

I've looked at the Google Calendar and like the feature of multiple calendars and allowing others to modify only certain calendars but not others. It could be handy at home if I could get others to post their appointments also.

That's one "fun" thing about organizing - you are not alone at home or work and it helps if everyone tries to consistent in some manner.

No comments: