Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Sound #25: Am I a Music Pirate? It's Hard to Know...

CD Burning:

I find that burning a CD is easy. It helps to have good software. I don't have an MP3 player of my own yet, so I borrow the branch player. Maybe one of these days. I still use CDs. I like to have portable storage without having to worry about a PC crash and losing any tunes.


Sharing Music


One on the advantages of having legal music CD is the ability to loan the CD to a friend to listen. You can't use it while they have it and vice versa. It takes the legal question out.


Musicians can benefit by sharing, but I think it should be limited. They sould be able to make the decision on how their work is used. After all, musicians need to eat too.


Radiohead took a big step in releasing their new album online before coming out with a hard copy. They still had good sales when the CD came out. It was their decision.


Creative Commons License is a nice step in the middle. It allows some uses of of works, but askes for credit/recognition.


No comments: