Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sound: #26: Making (or listening to) Music Together

Sharing Musical Tastes

I'm not really interested in joining any music networking sites, so it is hard to really look at the sites to see what they offer. Part of it could be that music is not a BIG part of my life. My tastes are rather eclectic, also, so it could be hard to really nail my tastes down.

Project Playlist - social music experiment (from site)
This site lets you search for music without joining. It looks like you can create lists for various social sites too, probably with free membership.

Imeem
This not only has music, but video and photo, too. It gives you categories for the music and video right on the front page. It deems itself as a Community.

MOG - because the web mostly sucks (from the site)
This one does require a download if you want to use the Mogomatic to match you with others. This one does require a download if you want to use the Mogomatic to match you with others.

Phling! is a service that allows you to access audio from your PC on your mobile phone and share it with friends. I don't have a cell phone.

Qloud allows you to add a "my music" component to your existing social network account in Facebook or Friendster and I don't have accounts with these.


Creating Music Together

I tried the site JamStudio . It is fun, but a little limiting right now. I'm still trying it out. You can listen to what I've done by joining and opening the Public file and going to jl1.

I may try Splice or ccMixter next.

No comments: