Thursday, September 27, 2007

iHCPL #8 RSS & Newsreaders

I have a Bloglines account and have found it to be Useful and Fun. I try to check it everyday when I check email. Some of the Feeds I subscribe to are The Shifted Librarian, Librarian Internet Index, and Will It Blend . That last one is for Fun. I don't have to wonder when the next episode is available, it appears on my Bloglines account. You do have to be careful, some feeds can have numerous posts and regular checking helps keep it from overwhelming you. Watching 10 feeds as requested by this exercise won't be too difficult for me. I just needed to add a couple.


I have found that a number of ISPs have this sort of option on their Homepages. Yahoo allows you to customize "My Yahoo" to include feeds to update news, weather, movie times and more directly on your Yahoo page.

Why keep searching for updates when they can come to you? If you want to subscribe to my Posts, scroll to the bottom of the page for that option. Or add my URL to your Bloglines account. It is http://www.hcpljl.blogspot.com/ .
I'll be watching several of yours to see what you have to say.

No comments: