Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Games and Gaming #36: The Wide World of Online Role Playing Games

I set up a Runescape account & spent more than 15 minutes going through the Runescape tutorial. I found it easy to learn how to get around. The instructions were pretty basic and they give you the option of repeating the instruction if you want. You get all the basic skills you need to start the game. The instructors gave advice about the skill they were teaching and about the game in general.

Once you are done with the tutorial, you are transported out to the world. The first city is a place where you can learn more basic skills. It is set up for new players to gain experience. I did not play any further, as I prefer to watch others or play in face to face role playing games. I am somewhat familiar with Runescape due to family playing it. They have since moved on to other online games.


The Character I created is a basic female human character. Since I did not plan on playing past the tutorial, I really did not put a lot of thought into the charatcter. Here is a screen shot of my character.


No comments: