Monday, March 30, 2009

Pot Luck #57: TXT U L8R - Texting

Pot Luck #57: TXT U L8R - Texting

I don't have a cell phone, so the only way I have sent any text message was via a web application to my DH's phone. I understand the principle behind it and have used DH's phone to access some web info, so I know how the keyboard function works. However, due to lack of any practice, I'm not sure I could send a message in an emergency. I might need to borrow DH's phone to practice my 'typing'.

I do understand some text lingo because I do use it in chat. I like Lingo 2 Word & can see where it could be really fun to use.

Texting and driving? I don't need to read the New York Times article. I already know that texting and driving is very, very, very scary. It is worse than talking on your phone & driving! I've alredy heard all the excuses on using a cell & driving and no, I don't think most people are talented enough to be doing both. I mean, I know some people, that if I HAD to ride with them, I wouldn't even talk to then while they were driving. I try very hard not to be in that situation.

It is scary seeing another driver texting while driving. Nothing could be that important.

If that is not bad enough, now Onstar wants you to twitter from the car ? OMG

No comments: