Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Potluck #50: Global Nation

Potluck #50: Global Nation

I decided to use Tripbase.com to plan a "dream" vacation. Lately, I've been having the urge to get closer to Nature than the cats, possums, raccons, crows, & hawks in my backyard.

I used the destination finder, deciding to fly with high emphasis on nature, a little on dining, and nothing else. Only one location on my list had high nature AND good dining.

Here is the overview: San Carlos de Bariloche, Argentina for $2866 for 8 days

I looks like I'll have to get that passport. I'll be arriving to late for the Peguin Santuary tours, but there are several tours to local waterfalls, a glacier, and a volcano.

Volcano.........

On second thought, I think I 'll go to Yellowstone National Park for under $1300 for 8 days instead. I'm sure I could find good food and I'd probably get more exercise walking around.

Look at this list:

Lone Star Geyser
Mallard Lake
Firehole River
Midway Geyser Basin
Grand Prismatic Spring
Yellowstone Lake
Fairy Falls
Storm Point Trail
Heart Lake Loop
Seven-Mile Hole Trail
Trout Lake Trail
Purple Mountain Trail

I don't think I can do them all in one week, but this is half the price of Argentina, so maybe I'll stay twice as long.

Update: Yellowstone in the news - http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29843691/

No comments: