Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Money & Finance #59: Credit, Money Management, and Saving

Money & Finance #59: Credit, Money Management, and Saving

I read the article How Credit Scores Work then took the Credit Score Quiz. I had a perfect score on the quiz and did not learn about any new information regarding credit reports and/or scores. I have experience with this information thorough buying a house and cars, all of which are now payed for. I just need to work on some other debt now.

I have made a spending/budget plan. I find the process easy to plan out, but difficult to execute. My difficulty is getting other members of the family to either help plan or execute. I use direct deposit because it is easier to plan when to pay bills, especially when using online banking, as mentioned in the previous post.

What I found to most useful on the TCDRS site to help understand my retirement benefits is the fact that it is so detailed. On this site you can: check your balance, review pay out options, get forms or brochures, follow links to other sources. They allow you to log in to to your personal account. If you want to check your personal account, check you statement for your PIN or call customer service to have it mailed to you.

All this information allows you to better plan for your retirement. I still have about 9 years before I qualify under the "rule of 75", but I plan to work longer than that. If I am unable to work for some reason, they also give available disability information. It is better to know this information in advance and not be suprised when you need to actually use it.

No comments: