Monday, April 6, 2009

A Consumer's How To #43: Buying & Selling Online

A Consumer's How To #43: Buying & Selling Online

Ebay I have used Ebay of several occassions. I use PayPal for payment. There was only one problem, which was quickly resolved. It helped that I documented all attempts of contact with the seller. Ebay is nice for used items, or new, that you can't find locally.

Half.com is good for textbooks. That is what I used it for.

Craigslist is great for local selling and shopping. There are no fees for using this site. I have both bought and sold items on Craigslist. I usually meet people away from the house, but have had people come to my house to buy/pick up and I have gone to others to do the same. Safety can be a factor, so use common sense.

Amazon is my friend. I will admit to Prime membership. I have bought both new and used. Customer service has been quick to help with any problems.

Etsy This is the first I have heard of this site. Not my cup of tea, but I will be telling a few friends.


I use PayPal for several things. Ebay, taxes - yes some can be paid via PayPal, and occasional shopping sites. I like PayPal because of its ease of use. PayPay already has my billing and shipping info and I don't need to type it in again and again. It is convenient for websites that I may want to use for shopping, but don't want to have to set up an account. I have not used it
for selling and accepting payments, but I can see the advantage of using it to do so.

No comments: