Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Crafts & Hobbies #62: Decoupage

Crafts & Hobbies #62: Decoupage

I remember doing decoupage in scouts. There were several projects. One was a cigar box. We decorated it inside and out with decopage. If you didn't know it was a cigar box to begin with, you would have never suspected it when we were finished. We also did bottles. You could get a neat stained glass effect using colored tissue paper on a clear bottle or jar.

I really haven't done much decoupage since then, but liked some of the projects I saw on Flickr.
The decoupage chair by moxie may have taken time, but it looks worth it. Daxiang stef's switchplate gives me some ideas on how just a little thing can make a big difference. A switchplate is something I might try to begin decoupage again.

No comments: