Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Crafts & Hobbies #64: Zines

Crafts & Hobbies #64: Zines


I think I might make my own Zine, but it might just be a one-shot & not for distribution. Subject-wise, boy that's a tough one. This could be either instructional or self expression (or both). I can see turning some of the procedures I've written for work turned into a Zine. Maybe staff would remember some of the instructions if they have a more creative format.

I can see how the old pulp magazines could have started this way and some are still in publication today. I think that Libraries with zines are just providing another form of content to their customers. You need to start somewhere and, from what I saw, some of these zines have a big following. If the customers are reading it, why not have it in the Library?

No comments: