Monday, April 12, 2010

The Web According to Google #85: Resistance is Futile

The Web According to Google #85: Resistance is Futile

For those in the know: Resistance is futile

I use several Google products on a regular basis.  Among them are Websearch, GmailMaps, Earth, and a
few others.  Most of these are search functions of one sort or another and I like the way they work.  The mail I use due to my DDs preference and allows me to keep in touch during the day.  They are not the only products I use for the various search and mail funtions, but they are a very nice and convenient set to access.

I check out Google Labs on a regular basis.  You never know what may be there.  Of the current list,  City Tours and People Hopper look interesting.  I'm more likely to use the City Tours than People Hopper, but I think the People Hopper concept would appeall to a number of people.

I browsed around Google Books.  I admit it had been a little while since I did this last.  Wow.  It just keeps on growing.  I like that they have LIFE magazine available for viewing.  The My Library feature is a convenient way to keep track of the items you like.  I can see this becoming an extra resource for Libraries seeking reviews, previews, or actual books and magazines in their entirety.

No comments: