Monday, April 12, 2010

The Web According to Google #86: Calendar and Documents

The Web According to Google #86: Calendar and Documents

Creating a calendar in Google Calendar and adding some events and tasks to it was easy.  I think I would use Google Calendar more at home than in the workplace.  Not a lot of my work is something I can do from home.  I can see how sharing a calendar with family could be very good if all cooperated.  I still have trouble getting some to write it on the home wall calendar.  There could be other uses for those sharing a common calendar, whether it be a coach posting times for practice or to combine multiple work and play schedules for a family.

I created a file Google Docs and shared it with a few people, including myself at a non-Gmail address.  I can see this as a way to collaborate on a group document.  You do need to create a Google account in order to participate in a shared Doc.  I also uploaded one from my computer. This is a good way to keep and access documents online instead on carrying them on a flash drive.  I can see myself using Google Docs in addition to a desktop office application.  It is a way to easily access and share documents, but I don't want to be limited if I cannot connect to the net.

No comments: