Wednesday, October 10, 2007

iHCPL #13 Tagging and Del.icio.us

Tags are one-word (usually) descriptors that you can assign to things like bookmarks, blogs, books, and other things. These are descriptors YOU assign because that is what it means to you. As you can see to the right, I have a list of tags for my blog.

I've used Del.icio.us for work. It is handy to be able to access the links from any PC. Since it is a shared list, I get not only items I may have added, but what others have added as well. This gives me extra resources that I may not have known. The user comments give new insight on the various sites that I may not have seen.

I can see where this could be a useful research tool. The tutorial video showed how this can be used as such. Finding a good link and looking at what others have could get you another good link or lead you in a new direction.

I'm not ready for a Del.icio.us account yet. I don't have enough sites I want to track. but I can see where it coul eventually be useful for me.

No comments: