Monday, October 15, 2007

iHCPL #14 Technorati tagging

I've taken a look at Technorati and tried doing an advanced search by typing "Learning 2.0" as a keyword search in Blog posts, in tags and in the Blog Directory. The results ARE different. It also depends on whether you use the "exact phrase" option. I used the exact phrase option or quote marks for "Learning 2.0"as needed. I also tried it without and got 10X the hits since learning and 2.0 were used as separate keywords.

Searching by Blog posts using exact phrase option- There were 554 hits on blog posts.
Without the exact phrase option there were 6000+ hits. I'm sticking to "Learning 2.0" when I don't have an exact phrase option.

Searching tags gives me a variety of results because it searches for posts (127 hits), blogs (309 hits), videos (20 hits) and photos (20 x 20+ (400+) hits). Wow - a LOT of photos!

Searching the Blog Directory gave me 309 hits.

Searching results depend on how you phrase it. What you get might not be what you expect either - it depends on how someone else tagged it.

Popular blogs, searches and videos have some interesting results. I recommend checking this person's videos http://youtube.com/user/mwesch. They give you something to think about.

I'm not ready to get too involved with Technorati at this time. I may do so later.

No comments: