Monday, October 22, 2007

iHCPL # 16 So, what's in a wiki?

Wikis are an interesting thing. You can open a wiki up to editing by anyone or limit it to just a few. A wiki evolves from what its users do. I looked at the iHCPL Wiki Sandbox. I added two items. One is my blog under favorite blogs and a website under favorite websites. I found it really easy to use.

I can see how it can be used to add and modify information for the "public", but it could also be easily abused if the wiki is not monitored or access restricted. That is one reason that I may use a Wikipedia entry as a starter point, but still find other sources to confirm any info.

Update: I have it set up to get emails once an hour if the Wiki is updated. It is fun seeing what others are adding.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That fireworks picture is great!