Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Future of Media #79: Television

The Future of Media #79: Television

Television.  First of all, let me state a couple of things.  I have owned a widescreen HD CRT TV for over 8 years and get my programming over the air.  I was ahead of the curve with HD programming and had no problems with the changeover.  I used to watch a few programs on a regular basis.  After the TV writer's strike, I became disaffected by TV.  I now rarely watch TV, except for the occasional DVD or something like the Olympics.

I visit Hulu occasionally, just to see if there are any new programs I might be interested in viewing.  The site does provide decent coverage.  Some shows may be a short series and in that case may have a limited time for viewing.  Viewers should be aware of such limitations so they are not caught in the middle of a series when it is rotated out.   I actually found one program I liked enough to buy the DVDs.

Have I ever watched a TV show on my cell phone? Well, no, because I don't have a cell phone.  Even if I did,  I don't think I would want to do so.  There really isn't anything out there that I am interested in watching on so small of a screen.
I do check on one YouTube  user "channel" regularly, because the poster is a relative.  I do not  post videos to a site on a regular basis.

No comments: