Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Future of Media #80: Movies

The Future of Media #80: Movies

I have used Hulu to watch a free full-length film on my laptop, but I prefer the larger screen of my TV.  That is why we have DVDs and cables for connecting the laptop to the larger TV 'monitor'.


I looked for a trailer for the upcoming movie "The Last Airbender".  Hulu did not have it in their trailer list, but gave me a search option to find it on other sites.   IMDB, or Internet Movie Database, is usually my default site for finding info on movies.  They had the trailers with a quick search.  I like the additional info IMDB provides.  This movie is based on an anime titled "Avatar, the Last Airbender".   I guess they changed the movie title after that other Avatar movie came out.

I  don't think I would use any of the fee-based services to get the movies I want at home.  Between the public Library, Hulu, and other free sites, I can usually find what I want.

No comments: